Saturday 16 November 2019

Farmland Tales- It’s not a bed of roses always

Germination Blues- Tiny Farm Large Life


It’s not a happy picture always and sure it’s not one around my germination kits. This time across all my seedlings .... I have had only one germination per plant type !!!!! How does one explain that ....hmmm!!!!


And all from different seeds . And I have always had almost 70% germination success.



You can see in the image up there is only one Lemon Balm guy peeking its head out, one Lavender, one marigold, one Calendula !!! The only 1 I am happy with ... so far ... is the one creeper rose 🥀 that’s sprouted. I have never germinated a rose plant from a seed ever before and didn’t think I would see any joy. So this time just to try it out I sowed two creeper rose seeds and one germinated. It took a good 3 weeks to finally burst open. But it’s still a wait and watch to see if that guy has the strength to continue growth.

So for me I need to restart the process of sowing my seeds again. Maybe this time I won’t directly sow them in loose cocopeat but will try the compact cocopeat coins which swell up when you add water to them. I order some from Biobloom online on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment