Saturday 2 November 2019

Farmland Tales - Planning My Garden

Planning My Garden - At Tiny Farm Large Life 

At our tiny farm with dreams its now planning time. It takes a lot of planning when you are starting on your farm from ground zero. Planning your farm or planning your garden may sound easy but when you have an absolute open field, thoughts can run all over the place. It has been raining almost every day for the past two weeks and work at the farm is almost at standstill. Although the fruit trees I  have planted so far are quite happy with the rain the rest of the work will have to wait. I needed to get some raised beds done and my structure for the passion fruit plants I planted last week but I guess will need to wait for now.

So I decided to spend my time planning my garden and researching how I would like the layout to pan out. I had ordered some seeds last week which got delivered to be today.

Although I initially wanted to get some local seeds, I finally reconciled to ordering them online. It will be a wait and watch the game to see how good the germination is.

Earlier I had ordered some cherry tomato and Jalapeno seeds from Kraft via Amazon and got almost 100% germination. This time I have ordered some from All That Grows.

Since 50% of the cultivation is going to be flowers, I wanted to get started with the seedlings.
I am planning on a small vegetable garden which would be mainly for our consumption or maybe barter.




all that grows
Seeds From All That Grows 

I got some grow bags and some more compost to start the germinations. So this week I sowed the seeds for Lemon balm, Marygold, and Calendula. 

This week also happened to be the Diwali week. And I had to light a little lamp at our tiny farm with big dreams. It truly is a tiny farm with big dreams.  

diwali
Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment