Wednesday 17 June 2020

A Day At The Farm

Another weekend At Our Tiny Farm 


We came in from the city last night so that we could start work early morning work. So after being woken up by the dogs early morning at 5am to a beautiful morning with low hanging clouds I made a beeline to the garden. The morning started off with low lying clouds floating by but the afternoon would be a different story.




 I got down to sowing some seeds. Spent about an hour getting the French beans, spinach and radish seeds into the soil. Harvested some tomatoes, French beans, and tomatoes 🍅. All grown organically.



Steeped some organically grown peppermint and stevia in green tea to kick start my morning. It’s over the weekends that we tend to the farm. 



Today, along with my husband and teen daughter, managed to get the next set of we managed to get the support for my trellises up for the beans seeds sowed. Beautiful day as the rains came in bits and spurts. What started as a pleasant morning was quickly turned into a stormy afternoon, with rain and winds howling away. 


 

The contrasts of the same landscape between mornings are evening was amazing. On Sunday I managed to get some time to spray an infusion of neem oil, asafoetida, baking soda, and a tiny amount of soap over my plants to keep aphids and other bugs off my crops. Asafoetida has proven to be very effective against termites and ants. Being a completely organic farm I keep looking for organic options to get rid of pests. If anyone you have more suggestions of how I could keep caterpillars and Crickets out please do mention in the comments. Some of my produce harvested over the weekend. 






1 comment:

  1. Your Blog is really informative. I really like it keep share these kind of blogs. MyAssignmentHelp.co.uk has proved to be one of the consummate providers in the assiduity of essay editing service. Scholars ask for help we give english essay help online with assignment help covering nearly all being areas of study ranging from operation, trades, mathematics, drugs, to nursing as well. Our services rest on two introductory principles being quality and authenticity and as soon as you deliver your request; our assignment experts will guide you with a result within the handed deadlines.

    ReplyDelete